HOW TO PROPERLY CHARGE YOUR FORKLIFT BATTERY
With big pieces of machinery, it can be easy to overlook the smaller components that help make your forklift run properly. One of the most important things to keep an eye on is your forklift battery. Without a working battery, your forklift will not run and you’ll be forced to spend roughly of what a new truck costs on a new charger. Proper maintenance can help you prolong the life of your forklift battery.
So here are 5 tips for keeping your energy cells in pristine condition.
· If your forklift battery has been lightly discharged, you should not charge your battery. If you do, you could prematurely destroy it.
- Make sure to top up your battery with only distilled water.
- Check to see that the cycle has finished before removing the battery from the charger.
- Ensure that the plug and socket that you are using to charge your battery is in working condition.
- Keep away from flammable materials, as electric batteries create a gas mixture that can be explosive.
- Do not frequently remove the charging battery，it will reduce battery life